Invitation Design and Production Assistant | Manager
Idea Chíc seeks a creative, detailed and service oriented invitation design and production assistant. You are expected to ultimately lead the custom and ready-made invitation business from Denver, CO. Full training and support provided to create this opportunity from assistant to manager.
Reports to: Julie Sandusky, Founder, Paper and Product Design
Idea Chíc has been designing and making invitations for weddings and events since 2009. Prior to Idea Chíc, Julie designed and made invitations as JS Design. There is a long history to support turning the invitation business over to you. This position is created to grow the invitation and custom offerings and be part of a growing wholesale and ecommerce brand. The Invitation and Production Manager will be involved in this expansion as well as managing the invitation business online. The future includes expanding the current production studio to stationery and gift store retail in the Denver area.
Salary and bonus compensation based on experience and starting employment arrangement. Idea Chíc is a family business; future compensation includes employee ownership opportunities.
- Preliminary phone and in-person meetings with prospects
- Provide creative direction with new clients
- Proposal and contract creation
- Create original designs and provide digital and tangible proofs to clients
- Maintain strong relationships with vendors and suppliers; source materials, new vendors/suppliers where required
- Project management including printing, bindery and assembly to project completion
- Compile samples for press and other public relations/marketing projects
- Manage mailing lists for both marketing projects and clients
- Assemble client orders and retail products, including hand deliveries to USPS which is across the parking lot from Idea Chíc
- Assist with administrative tasks
- A perfectionist attention to detail
- Positive and helpful customer service
- Project management
- Creative and crafty product creation (you like to design and make things)
- Adobe Creative Suite: Photoshop, InDesign, Acrobat Reader
- Microsoft Office
- Creative problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Able to work well independently and within a team in fast-faced and time sensitive environment
- At least one year experience in a customer facing environment
- Bachelors in Fine Arts or equivalent (preferred)
About Idea Chíc
David and Julie Sandusky own Idea Chic, where they design, manufacture and sell stationery, greeting cards and handmade gifts. Over the years, they expanded the Idea Chíc product line to include everything from greeting cards and calendars to coasters and sachets. Seasonal and customized wedding items are among their top sellers from the beginning but now Idea Chíc also sells to retailers nationwide. Idea Chíc is a perfect marriage of Julie and David’s skills. Julie is creative, detail-oriented and loves to work with her hands. David is a broad-minded entrepreneur with a passion for marketing and e-commerce. In recent years, the decade-old business has garnered attention from local magazines such as 5280 and been featured in national publications Martha Stewart Wedding, Redbook and Country Living. The company was one of 52 nationwide to be filmed for Handmade at Amazon’s Discover the Artisans series. Idea Chíc boutique, design studio and workshop is located in Glendale, Colorado. Their letterpress is called "Hazel" and was built in the 1930's by Chandler and Price. All digital and letterpress printing, bindery and related equipment is in-house to ensure high quality, excellent service and fast delivery.
Email resume and example of design work to David at firstname.lastname@example.org
Check back for more career opportunities at Idea Chic.