Learn Scripted Hand-Lettering and Make Your Own Personal Letterpress Stationery
This hands-on class is two parts. (1) Learn Copperplate Calligraphy in a small intimate group taught by Evette Goldstein. (2) With your own scripted hand-lettering complete we will schedule one on one time to print your stationery on a 1930s letterpress with David and Julie. Both sessions are at Idea Chíc in Glendale (Denver), CO. Read on for details.
(1) Copperplate Calligraphy is generally known as the style of writing found on the Declaration of Independence, but it is much more than that. Copperplate writing refers to a ‘scripted hand’ ~ generally with flourishes ~ and has transcended the ages to now include some ‘fun, funky, and upbeat’ styles of script. In this class you will learn how to use the specialty pen(s) to achieve this type of writing ~ both classic and contemporary.
(2) We take your final hand-lettered draft and make a printing plate used to print your own letterpress stationery. We schedule a future date where you will learn the entire process of letterpress printing from setting the printing plate in what is called a ´chase´, inking the press, and the registration process. When you complete each of these steps with your own hands we take over and print 50 cards 4.25" x 5.5" that are yours to use.
Each student will receive the following…
- Copperplate Nib
- Oblique Nib holder (Left handed students may opt for a straight holder)
- Small bottle of Super Black Ink
- Instruction sheets
- Selection of additional fonts
- Parchment & Art Paper
- Handmade letterpress notebook
- 1 lint free cloth
- 50 stationery cards sized 4.25" x 5.5" and envelopes
The calligraphy class will include coffee and light snacks. Everything above is included in the cost. Ask about gift certificates or reserving a workshop exclusive for you and your three guests.
Time: January 14th 9:30AM to 12:00PM - reserve your spot now or you can call 303-884-RSVP (7787)
Location: 4340 E Kentucky Ave. suite 121, Glendale, CO 80246 MAP